Table Of Content
What is Epicanthoplasty?
Epicanthoplasty is a solution for correcting the Mongolian fold (or Epicanthic fold) of the eyes. The Mongolian fold is the skin of the upper eyelids which covers the inner corner of the eyes.
There are some downfalls to the skin covering the inner corner of the eyes:
- The distance between the eyes appears too far. It causes an awkwardness to the eyes
- Eyes can appear smaller
- The shape of the eyes looks undefined
Epicanthoplasty involves very small incisions on the inner corner of the eyes to get rid of the above problems. The results are bigger, clearer eyes. People usually do Epicanthoplasty with Double Eyelid Surgery to form much clearer and more beautiful, natural looking eyes.
This procedure is recommended, if...
- Have a very short, horizontal length to the eyes
- Want a mild and soft shape to the eyes
- Have eyes which are too much spread apart
- Want a larger appearance to your eyes
- Have eyes which are undefined and appear very close together due to the Mongolian fold
Details of the procedure
Operation Time: 30 minutes
Anesthesia: Local anesthesia or Hypnoanesthesia (twilight anesthesia)
Removing Stitches: After 5 days and after 9 days
After surgery Check-ups: Twice
Recovery time to daily activity: None
1.During the consultation, personalized design is made with using a virtual form
2.During the operation, an incision is made in the inner corner of the eyes to cut the Mongolian fold
3.Suture the wound